Time to be real with you lovelies.
It doesn’t bother me in the least to drop $17 on a MAC lippie or $35 on a quality foundation but I don’t like to pay a lot for my clothing. My philosophy is, if your makeup doesn’t look good then nothing else will. Quality makeup is worth spending on. And I certainly love drugstore makeup too! But my point is, clothing is something I like to save on… it frees up more money for other things.
That being said, I enjoy a pretty top or dress as much as the next girl. But I don’t want to pay a lot for them. And I rarely do. In fact, a lot of days my entire outfit cost me less than $25. How do I arrange that, you may be asking. I’d be delighted to tell you!
- I shop end of season. When spring clothes are coming out, I’m updating my wardrobe for winter- the remainder of this one and next year’s. In fact, I just purchased 3 winter tops at $4 $5 & $6. They were 75% off. 🙂
- I shop from the back of the store forward. The deepest sales cuts are always in the back, ladies.
- I know my brands and what works for me. Maurices is my go-to for tops, Dressbarn for dresses & American Eagle for jeans. Since I’m pretty brand loyal, I know my sizes and can easily order online.
- I combine promo codes with sales to save even more.
- I love a good yard sale! Nothing makes me happier than to score some cute finds for $1 & $2 a piece.
- I follow the law of trading clothing! Meaning if something doesn’t work for me, I pass it on to my daughter, sister or a friend… and I gratefully accept their clothing passed to me.
- I shop for basics at Walmart & Target. Did you know that Walmart has camis for $1.68 and leggings for $3.78? And no one is going to know where they came from! Except all you fabulous people reading my blog. Now my secret is out! LOL!
- I look in Family Dollar occasionally. I’ve found super cute maxi dresses and tops there on occasion.
Finding bargains makes me happy. In fact, I can’t keep a good bargain to myself! I’m always texting a girlfriend or my sister to share about what steals are available.
I hope this has offered you some helpful tips. I’d love to hear any tips you have to save on clothing, too!